Sales Engineer – Audio Technology
Based: Letchworth Garden City
Term: Full time
Requirements for the role:
- Prepare and develop technical presentations to explain our company’s products to customers at demonstrations, trade shows and shoot-outs.
- Collaborate with sales teams to understand customer requirements and provide sales support.
- Discuss equipment needs and system requirements with customers and engineers.
- Research and develop customers’ technical requirements, and create or modify audio designs.
- Generate high-quality sales leads, follow up after initial contact, secure and renew orders, negotiate prices, complete sales, and arrange deliveries.
- Help customers with their Linea Research products by providing technical support via email, phone call, or in person. Recommend improved or upgraded products.
- Solicit and log client feedback in the company CRM and evaluate the data to create new sales and marketing strategies to target customers.
- Identify areas for improvement and communicate these issues with possible solutions to your manager.
- Achieve sales goals and quotas.
- Maintain and grow existing clients revenue whilst developing new leads using your sales forecasting.
- Train other members of Linea Research on the technical aspects of the company’s products and services.
Skills and Qualifications required:
- A comprehensive understanding of engineering, marketing, and business administration.
- Experience in sales and the audio technology field.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, customer service, and sales skills.
- The ability to relate technical information to non-technical customers.
- Excellent technical and problem-solving skills.
- Good team working skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Willingness to continue your sales and engineering education.
- Workplace pension
- Working hours 37.5 hours per week (Monday to Friday)
- 22 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Group Income Protection / Life Assurance schemes (post-probation period)
- Health Cash Plan and Private Medical Insurance (post probation period)
- Opportunity to participate in our Group Bonus scheme (post probation period)
Technical Sales Support Co-ordinator (Audio Technology)
Based: Letchworth Garden City
Term: Full time
In this position, our ideal candidate is an experienced professional with knowledge of an electronic service department’s best practices. We expect you to perform well in a team environment and have exceptional people skills, ultimately should be able to contribute to creating and maintaining good customer relationships in the form of after-sales/care.
- Global Customer support – providing technical troubleshooting assistance for customers with hardware issues, by phone, email, video call, and where appropriate in person. Assisting in the resolution of customer issues. Keeping regular and open communication with customers with technical issues or product repair updates.
- Third-party service centre support – provide technical assistance, parts supply, and repair for service departments located at our customers premises.
- Service Administration – Manage the return authorisations and customer ticketing system. Organise the billing of repairs.
- Close liaison with the Service Repair team to ensure that replacements are issued in a timely and appropriate manner. Overseeing any customer repair/refurb jobs and capturing data for the service department database.
- Dispatch – Arranging shipping for any service orders, occasionally assisting the dispatch team by picking and packing service orders.
- Production support – Assisting in production issues, drawing up build procedures, occasionally arranging stock reworks, and assisting in some test stages including the calibration and maintenance of test equipment.
- Quality – Assist the quality manager with checks, identify trends, and report.
- Prototypes and Pilot Builds – Getting involved in early production stages to implement and document new builds.
- Reporting – Responsible for generating month-end reports for the service department.
- Previous experience in an electronics background is required.
- A keen interest in all things audio!
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage multiple work processes.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- IT literate in MS Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Solid secondary level education is required in Maths and English.
- Working hours 37.5 hours per week (Monday to Friday).
- 22 days holiday, plus bank holidays.
- Company Pension scheme.
- Opportunity to join our Group Income Protection / Life Assurance schemes, Health Cash Plan, and Private Medical Insurance after successfully passing your probationary period.
- Group Bonus scheme.
- Opportunity to join our Electrical Car Scheme.
- Good working environment with a great team of people!